Monday, January 21, 2008

Old Town Orange

On Saturday I went antique shopping in hopes to find something to put on the mantel, no such luck. However I did come across some hidden treasures, there was a case that had silver dollars for sale $8.95 years 1918-1942. Wow I said to myself, it seems that the person selling this had not updated there case in quite some time. The price of silver has gone up to $16 and some change so you can imagine my excitement. As I waited in line there were bins of old postcards, some written on, some blank… this is where the true treasures were found. It was so exciting to see what people were writing about in 1914 and 1955, such nostalgia for the time.


Take a look at some of the postcards I got below.






3 comments:

Laura said...

These are great finds. I agree, having the chance to peek into a life by reading their messages is a special experience.

L

Sandra Evertson said...

Cool blog!
Sandra Evertson

Laura Bray said...

I love Old Town Orange! Can a sister-in-law get some scanned copies of those postcards, do you think?